Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Side Finger Swollen



Out of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit
from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods
there for me
unconquerable soul.

Before the cruel blow of fate
shocked I have not nor have I complained. Under the blows

chance My head is bloody, but unbowed.

More Beyond this place of wrath and tears
only see the horror of the shade,
and yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unmoved.

No matter how narrow is the gate,
the punishment that comes loaded with the sentence.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


Out of the night That covers me, Black as the Pit
from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods
May Be For my unconquerable soul
.

In the Fell Clutch of Circumstance
I Have Not wince rules cried aloud. Under the Bludgeonings

of chance My head is bloody, pero unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears Looms
But The Horror of the shade, And yet the menace
of the
years Finds, and shall "find me Unafraid. It Matters Not

how strait the gate, How charged with punishments
the scroll.
I am the master of my fate: I am the
captain of my soul.


- William Ernest Henley


Because there are days when you need to reread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment